Classes at Our Academy
We aim to engage you in a fun and exciting Kickboxing workout that will leave you focused and determined to become the best that you can possibly be and take your fitness and stamina to new levels of excellence and performance. We cover Neutral Bay, North Sydney, Mosman and Cremorne. Welcome to our Fitness Kickboxing classes!
Would you like to:
If you are living in Neutral Bay, Mosman, Cremorne or North Sydney click here and come join us for kids karate classes, fitness kickboxing, boxing, capoeira or any other amazing class!
Welcome to Mosman Martial Arts Academy
You’re obviously interested in karate, kickboxing, capoeira or boxing already because you’re here: which is a great start. And this site will give you all the information you need to make the next step.
Many people think Martial Arts are about smashing bricks, ‘one-inch death punches’ and screaming ‘Eeee-yah’. But it’s not. (Except the screaming, which is called a Kiai*).
To quote our founder: “The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of character.”
So it doesn’t matter what your physical ability or disability is. Whether you’re a man, woman, or child. Or S, M, L or XL.
That’s because karate, kickboxing, boxing or capoeira enables you to realise your full potential. And whether you’re a beginner, an experienced karateka, boxer or kickboxer, or someone returning to training after a break, we’re dedicated to helping you achieve that personal best.
Like Us on Facebook:
Our instructors: World, National & State Champions
Covering Neutral Bay, Mosman, Cremorne and North Sydney, we are affiliated, certified and recognised by Martial Arts Australia and International Martial Arts Alliance. Our professional team of instructors hold some of the highest qualifications in Australia and worldwide. Most of them are Martial Arts World, National and State Champions! Through teaching methods which have been successful since Mosman Martial Arts Academy was established, you or your child will benefit mentally and physically through training with Mosman Martial Arts Academy in Sydney. All our instructors have Working with Children checks and First Aid certification.
Choose from a huge range of Martial Arts classes. Whether you want to be the best, get fit or just have fun. Try us today and find out why our students rate us as the leading Martial Arts Academy in North Shore.
More about us
Book here or call 0415 951 366 for a free trial!
Martial Arts for Everyone
- Learning martials art is one of the best ways for a child to develop their confidence and character. The dedication and discipline required to master karate will instil in your child the ABC’s of life: Attitude, Behaviour and Character. These traits are essential for success not just at home and in school, but in life. Learning these traits early will help your child develop into a mature, well-rounded and responsible individual.
- Kids karate classes can help children on both sides of the bullying equation:
- Building Up CONFIDENCE Stops Bullying
- Reinforcing DISCIPLINE Prevents Bullying
- Increasing RESPECT Stops Bullying
- Mastering SELF-CONTROL Prevents Bullying
- Developing LEADERSHIP Skills Stops Bullying
- Relieving STRESS Prevents Bullying
- Learning SELF-DEFENCE Stops Bullying
Kickboxing is A COMPLETE MARTIAL ART. Considered a progressive martial art, Kickboxing combines hand, leg, striking and movement, using both hard (tension) and soft (relaxation) movements, in all four ranges of combat, including: kicking, punching, trapping, and grappling. You’ll learn techniques that provide models of self-defence from common attacks including punches, grabs, chokes, pushes, kicks, take downs, weapons and even multiple attackers.
Come along and give kickboxing a go. For anyone 3 to 63, there’s no better way to learn new skills – and boost your mind, body and spirit.
Capoeira combines dance, martial arts, music, drama, acrobatics, socialising and much more. Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian artform that was born out of the struggle for freedom of the slaves in Brazil. It’s origins are old although now it has evolved and spread across the world in a variety of styles.
Capoeira is a game between two people. It’s like a game fight to music with skill, strategy, dance, and acrobatics. Playing capoeira involves a spontaneous and spectacular exchange of non-contact attacking and defensive movements, where the two players try to create an opportunity to trick, trip or kick their partner. There is no official winner in Capoeira but players and spectators will each decide who played the best game!
- Everyone should have the right to feel safe – but many people admit that they wouldn’t have a clue what to do if they were physically attacked. Whether it’s a street theft with violence or a sexual assault – protection begins with an awareness of risk, and following some simple rules to minimise the danger. If an assault takes place, knowing how to fight back effectively can make the difference between breaking free and the attack continuing, with common statistics showing that 80% of those who fight back will get out of the situation.
From the athlete to the not-so-active, the businesswoman to the student, and the shy to the confident, our courses are intended to educate, promote awareness, build self-esteem and give women the physical and mental tools they need to detect, avoid and escape potentially violent situations.
- Our adults course is a synthesis of several martial arts, taking the best training methods from Kickboxing, Karate Kyokushin and Kempo means you get excellent fitness and self defence skills but all in a safe non-threatening environment.
Here you will find out how we take people like you and turn them from ‘fearful’ to ‘fearless’, ‘un-fit’ to ‘super fit’ or ‘shy and reserved’ to ‘confident and out going’. We have great instructors to help guide you to achieve one of the most coveted awards in sport today – the Black Belt.