Kids Karate Testimonials
- "My daughter has been coming since she was 4 and loves it. It's given her focus, discipline and strength, within a supportive environment and done wonders for her confidence." Claire, North Sydney
- "My son and I have been regulars with MMAA for just over 1 year and can honestly say we have enjoyed every session. Each class is different and always leaves me feeling like I have had a seriously good workout whether it be through fitness training, a focus on technique or sparring. Everyone who attends is made to feel very welcome and it is a fun place to train and get to know people. In short, a great academy, great for fitness and full of great people! A fantastic job Sir - well done!" David, Neutral Bay
- "My two sons, 7 and 5, joined Little Ninjas over a year ago, and I am amazed at how much they have progressed and developed in that short time." Lisa, Cremorne Point
- "Red Dragons has been amazing for our son, Gabriel – it’s really helping him with his confidence and he loves having a new skill." Mark, Cremorne
- "MMAA's junior class is fantastic for Tom. It teaches discipline and respect whilst giving Tom a new skill and helping him to stay fit and active. It's a winner all round!" Emma, Neutral Bay
- "Olivia has created a safe nurturing environment for both children and adults and whole families to grow and achieve at their own pace. The academy promotes responsibility, respect and focus whilst generating a current of playful and infectious fun throughout many of the sessions." Melissa, Mosman
- "The development in my children's fitness and self-discipline since they started karate last year has been dramatic. Mosman Martial Arts Academy has not only taught them a martial art in the most professional and welcoming environment, but they have found a discipline that they can study for the rest of their lives and have made real friends in the process." Saeed, Cammeray
- "I cannot praise Olivia and the team enough; My son joined the class about 4 months ago and the discipline has helped him enormously. Friends have even remarked that he is a changed child. More importantly he thoroughly enjoys every minute." Sophie, Balgowlah
- "Our two children joined Mosman Martial Arts Academy almost half a year ago and in that time they have learned so much ..not just about karate but also important morals and life skills. They have grown in confidence and made some great friends ..we are so pleased that they are part of such a fantastic well run team!" Lia, Mosman
- "My youngest grandsons Chris, 7, and Matt, 6, joined MMAA's Little Samurai in the summer. The boys have learned so much in such a short time, they love learning different moves and disciplines each week." Rodney, Cremorne
- "Very professional, excellent tuition. It has helped my little boy to become more confident and he really enjoys attending every week. Thank you." Kasey, Neutral Bay
- "I'm particuarly impressed by the emphasis on controlling mind and body and helping children understand the strength they have but also how to use it in a positive way. Keep up the excellent work!" Bill, Neutral Bay
- "As parents we wouldn't hesitate in recommending Mosman Martial Arts Academy." Sarah & Chris, Mosman
- "Without Little Ninjas Noah would still have very little coordination and Kian would still be the shy boy who spoke in whispers. On top of all this they are as fit as fiddles." Emma, Neutral Bay
- "Since joining Mosman Martial Arts Academy some months ago, my two five year old twin boys have come on in leaps and bounds. It has helped teach them discipline and given them more confidence overall, but most of all they love it. Thank you!" Peter, Cremorne
- "My 5 year old son loves his karate lessons with Mosman Martial Arts Academy and looks forward to them every week. Each lesson is well organised, with a mix of learning and play – it's a great way to promote self-confidence and respect for others." Martine, North Sydney
- "My daughter has gained confidence, learned self discipline and has made new friends. Mosman Martial Arts Academy is an excellent club with sessions run by highly skilled instructors that know the children and their strengths well." Dom, Seaforth
- "Our two daughters have been members for a almost one year now. They both love the classes and are so dedicated to progressing and achieving in their gradings. Olivia and all the team are fantastic." Danielle - Mosman
Martial Arts Academy:
If you are living in Neutral Bay, Mosman, Cremorne or North Sydney click here and come join us for kids karate classes, fitness kickboxing, boxing, capoeira or any other amazing class!
Welcome to Mosman Martial Arts Academy
Approved Active Kids provider
Winner Outstanding Fitness Services - North Shore Business Awards
COVID Safe. 500sqm of space. Two levels. 6m High ceilings. Separate Lounge, Reception& Cafe.
You’re obviously interested in kids karate, adult karate, grading test, kickboxing, boxing or Japanese Weapons already because you’re here: which is a great start. And this site will give you all the information you need to make the next step.
Many people think Martial Arts are about smashing bricks, ‘one-inch death punches’ and screaming ‘Eeee-yah’. But it’s not. (Except the screaming, which is called a Kiai*).
To quote our founder: “The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of character.”
So it doesn’t matter what your physical ability or disability is. Whether you’re a man, woman, or child. Or S, M, L or XL.
That’s because karate, kickboxing or boxing enables you to realise your full potential. And whether you’re a beginner, an experienced karateka, boxer or kickboxer, or someone returning to training after a break, we’re dedicated to helping you achieve that personal best.
ALL CLASSES At BX1 Gym !
For all classes, join us at BX1 GYM, North Shore's state-of-the-art boxing and fitness club. Based in Neutral Bay at 140 Military Road!
Like Us on Facebook:
Dates TBA in line with the ever-changing public health orders.
Our instructors: World, National & State Champions
Covering Neutral Bay, Mosman, Cremorne and North Sydney, we are affiliated, certified and recognised by Martial Arts Australia, Boxing Australia (NSW) and International Martial Arts Alliance. Our professional team of instructors hold some of the highest qualifications in Australia and worldwide. Most of them are Martial Arts World, National and State Champions! Through teaching methods which have been successful since Mosman Martial Arts Academy was established, you or your child will benefit mentally and physically through training with Mosman Martial Arts Academy in Sydney. All our instructors have Working with Children checks and First Aid certification.
Choose from a huge range of Martial Arts classes. Whether you want to be the best, get fit or just have fun. Try us today and find out why our students rate us as the leading Martial Arts Academy in North Shore.
Click here to book or call 02 8283 9243 for a FREE trial.
Martial Arts for Everyone at Our Academy
- Learning martials art is one of the best ways for a child to develop their confidence and character. The dedication and discipline required to master karate will instil in your child the ABC’s of life: Attitude, Behaviour and Character. These traits are essential for success not just at home and in school, but in life. Learning these traits early will help your child develop into a mature, well-rounded and responsible individual.
- Kids karate classes can help children on both sides of the bullying equation:
- Building Up CONFIDENCE Stops Bullying
- Reinforcing DISCIPLINE Prevents Bullying
- Increasing RESPECT Stops Bullying
- Mastering SELF-CONTROL Prevents Bullying
- Developing LEADERSHIP Skills Stops Bullying
- Relieving STRESS Prevents Bullying
- Learning SELF-DEFENCE Stops Bullying
Kickboxing is A COMPLETE MARTIAL ART. Considered a progressive martial art, Kickboxing combines hand, leg, striking and movement, using both hard (tension) and soft (relaxation) movements, in all four ranges of combat, including: kicking, punching, trapping, and grappling. You’ll learn techniques that provide models of self-defence from common attacks including punches, grabs, chokes, pushes, kicks, take downs, weapons and even multiple attackers.
Come along and give kickboxing a go. For anyone 3 to 63, there’s no better way to learn new skills – and boost your mind, body and spirit.
Capoeira combines dance, martial arts, music, drama, acrobatics, socialising and much more. Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian artform that was born out of the struggle for freedom of the slaves in Brazil. It’s origins are old although now it has evolved and spread across the world in a variety of styles.
Capoeira is a game between two people. It’s like a game fight to music with skill, strategy, dance, and acrobatics. Playing capoeira involves a spontaneous and spectacular exchange of non-contact attacking and defensive movements, where the two players try to create an opportunity to trick, trip or kick their partner. There is no official winner in Capoeira but players and spectators will each decide who played the best game!
- Everyone should have the right to feel safe – but many people admit that they wouldn’t have a clue what to do if they were physically attacked. Whether it’s a street theft with violence or a sexual assault – protection begins with an awareness of risk, and following some simple rules to minimise the danger. If an assault takes place, knowing how to fight back effectively can make the difference between breaking free and the attack continuing, with common statistics showing that 80% of those who fight back will get out of the situation.
From the athlete to the not-so-active, the businesswoman to the student, and the shy to the confident, our courses are intended to educate, promote awareness, build self-esteem and give women the physical and mental tools they need to detect, avoid and escape potentially violent situations.
- Our adults course is a synthesis of several martial arts, taking the best training methods from Kickboxing, Karate Kyokushin and Kempo means you get excellent fitness and self defence skills but all in a safe non-threatening environment.
Here you will find out how we take people like you and turn them from ‘fearful’ to ‘fearless’, ‘un-fit’ to ‘super fit’ or ‘shy and reserved’ to ‘confident and out going’. We have great instructors to help guide you to achieve one of the most coveted awards in sport today – the Black Belt.