Benefits of Kick-Boxing
Kickboxing has many positives and like anything the more you put into it the more you will gain and benefit from your efforts.
The main benefits are as follows:
- Kickboxing Benefit 1: Reduce Stress You can kick and punch your way to a stress-free zone within minutes of your high-energy kickboxing routine. The movements in kickboxing challenge several core muscle groups and will give you a total body workout, fast.
- Kickboxing Benefit 2: Boost Confidence Levels According to Dr. Rose Windale of Healthzine.org, kickboxing helps you release endorphins which will give your mood a boost and help you feel more confident. Endorphins will also make you feel happier and more positive for several hours after the workout.
- Kickboxing Benefit 3: Improved Coordination If you're suffering from posture problems and have poor coordination, you can strengthen your 'core' and improve your reflexes and coordination skills. The speedy punches and kicks in the kickboxing routine will give you a chance to focus your energy to execute each movement successfully.
- Kickboxing Benefit 4: Burn Mega Calories Muscle and Fitness Magazine reports that fitness kickboxing can burn over 800 calories per hour, and you'll be toning up your entire body as you rev up your metabolism. It's a high-power cardio routine that's great for weight loss and getting you in shape, fast. (Source: CKOKickboxing.com)
- Kickboxing Benefit 5: Ideal Cross-Training Workout If you've been pounding on the treadmill for several weeks and need a break from your usual cardio routine, kickboxing is the perfect cross-training workout. You can add some weights by wearing wrist weights or ankle weights, or just putting on a pair of lightweight boxing gloves for extra resistance. Just one or two routines a week can help you break out of a fitness rut, fast.
- Kickboxing Benefit 6: Energy Boost Kickboxing is a high-energy cardio routine that will give your body and mind a boost, and will increase your energy levels. You'll be breathing hard and sweating out toxins; this process will give your energy levels a much-needed boost.
- Kickboxing Benefit 7: Better Posture If you're hunched over a computer all day, kickboxing workouts will challenge many muscle groups that don't get enough attention throughout the day, and you'll start to build up your core. Core muscles in around your abdominal wall are targeted with kickboxing routines because you need to use your waist and abs for balance, and to execute each carefully coordinated move.
Kickboxing workouts offer several benefits for your body and mind, and are a great choice for getting out of a fitness rut. Whether you're a fitness fanatic or just getting started with a workout routine, kickboxing can help you reach your fitness goals.
Personal benefits from regular attendance include:
Kickboxing is also a great stress reducer, and offers as many mental health benefits as physical benefits. While you’re getting a great, full-body workout with kickboxing, you’re also gaining a sense of empowerment and self-confidence by learning a few moves that you can use to protect yourself if you ever need to.
The perfect antidote to corporate and city life
Kickboxing and Boxing classes at Mosman Martial Arts Academy provide a fun and energising total fitness workout popular with men and women alike. A combination of martial arts and boxing training and techniques – our kickboxing classes provide fantastic results
Our Kickboxing and Boxing classes give you a great workout that include muscle toning, stamina building and also greatly helps with weight control.
The thing that differentiates our classes from other fitness orientated classes are that they are goal driven. It is not the same routine and occasionally changed every couple of sessions, our award winning sessions focus on you working toward the coveted Black Belt.
Our Academy have a unique atmosphere that makes every beginner feel like a member before they have joined. We offer programs that have a specific level of grade to be aimed for and can easily be reached with the right commitment and training.
Improves stamina, agility and coordination
Physically, it is a phenomenally cardio-intensive full body workout, burning plenty of calories whilst creating an enjoyable atmosphere. Your core is put to the test, as tension in the abdominals is required when performing punches or kicks, which in turn develops better posture and increased balance. The sheer amount of these movements has numerous benefits, ranging from increased flexibility to growths in strength endurance. As a result, it may help to combat the loss of agility either due to inactivity or ageing. Throughout classes, the experienced instructors guide class members through stages such as stretching and working the punch bag. The ability to react quickly to instructions and situations enables participants to rapidly improve coordination and reflexes, leaving you feeling sharper than ever.
Reduces stress and frustration
Evidently kickboxing has an extensive list of physical benefits, however some of the sport's most overlooked values are those mental advantages. Just as any form of exercise does, kickboxing releases endorphins into the blood, which act as a mood-booster and de-stressing hormone. The act of hitting a punch bag is also a brilliant medium of removing frustration that may have built up over time, allowing you to be refreshed and reinvigorated by the sessions.
Increases determination and self-confidence
Techniques learnt from class instructors can give you a self-confidence boost, knowing that if the situation does ever arise, you know the correct self-defence techniques and are confident to use them. As one of the principles which karate is based on, self-discipline has permeated through to kickboxing and is acquired by participants throughout sessions. Subsequently, these classes have been known to develop an individual's inner strength and determination significantly.
Reinvigorates your motivation to exercise
Exercise classes, including kickboxing, are a great way to alleviate a common problem of 'gym boredom'. By combining a cardio-intense session with a testing muscle workout, the versatile nature of kickboxing lends itself to reinvigorating your motivation to exercise and essentially have fun again. Furthermore, the combination of the two forms of cardio and body conditioning means a significant amount of valuable time is saved, as you don't have to go for that long gym session followed by that arduous run!
Whether you’re completely new to martial arts and kickboxing, a black belt, or simply looking to brush up on your skills, you’ll be inspired to reach your goals in a safe, friendly environment.
You won’t find any intimidating gym machines to navigate; no big egos or attitudes to contend with. Just well-structured kickboxing classes from expert professionals who make sure that the emphasis is placed on learning while having fun.
Come along and give kickboxing a go. For anyone 3 to 63, there’s no better way to learn new skills – and boost your mind, body and spirit.
You’ll learn the Martial Art of Kickboxing, and realistic Self-Defence. With each class, you will increase your conditioning, coordination, balance, and develop quicker reflexes as you learn focus pad combination skills, punching and kicking techniques to pads, Kick-shields, and learn practical self-defence techniques from a variety of attacks, directions, and positions.
Kickboxing is a cardio-based form of exercise raising your heart rate, increasing your stamina and losing weight. You will also learn how to strike focus pads, kick-shields and kick bags, increasing your power through technique, this accelerates your learning by programming your muscle memory, also quickening your reflexes and more than doubling your hand and leg speed. Each kickboxing and self-defence technique is tailored to you so that each move is proportionate to your own height, weight, and reach. Breath control is also taught to maximise striking potential and stabilisation. Kickboxing is perfect for calorie burning, waist slimming and muscle toning as well.
A COMPLETE MARTIAL ART
Considered a progressive martial art, Kickboxing combines hand, leg, striking and movement, using both hard (tension) and soft (relaxation) movements, in all four ranges of combat, including: kicking, punching, trapping, and grappling. You’ll learn techniques that provide models of self-defence from common attacks including punches, grabs, chokes, pushes, kicks, take downs, weapons and even multiple attackers.
It's an excellent class for developing your overall fitness, conditioning, speed, flexibility, power and co-ordination. The classes combine solo drills such as working on the punch bags or working partner drills on the focus pads. This is an upbeat, fun class and is designed to provide an excellent workout while developing practical skills. The ethos of the gym is reality based martial arts so everything we teach has to be able to be applicable in real life. The kickboxing syllabus is designed to be used in self defence situations as well as a great method of getting in shape.